Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Behold! (Courtney)

...the spectacualr that is "Morning Exercise".

Until this morning, we were yet to see the kids doing their morning exercises. However we were out and about this morning getting new water for the water dispenser. The water "office" is opened at the oddest hours. As in, one of the times is 9:05 to 9:28...no joke. Why not 9:30?

Anyhoo, so whilst we were down there, we realised the kids were starting their exercises. After we got the water back home, I raced back across the school to take some photos of them in action. Whilst some of it was a bit shambolic, overall it was quite impressive. The kids were in this odd formation across the main open area in front of the library/computer building. I couldn't work out why but we think if you were looking down on them from above, they are probably forming a Chinese character. Perhaps a character for exercise...or conformity, however you look at it. Whilst it all might look a little dinky, I honestly think it is a good idea, and think kids back home could benefit from some morning exercise! I wish Marcus had have come along because it was really great to watch.

Oz Aerobics...eat your heart out!!






I may or may not be hiding amongst bushes...







Hiding in bushes wasn't going to get me any good shots though. So I ran in front of them and up the stairs of the main building...much to our mutual humilation I think. Me being seen, and them being seen doing exercises.







It's fun to stay at the Y..M..C..A!!! Now I'm hiding in the library stairwell...







Does this kid not look like he's enjoying himself a bit too much? It's exercise time boy, not time to bust out some John Travolta moves!







This last bit of the exercises was very impressive - all kung fu type moves. The actually did them in unison and it looked great..except for this kid at the end falling over!







Mass migration back to class...We've taken to referring to them as "wildebeasts".


And finally a video...got to love the dinky music. Halfway through i had that moment of fear as I realised "oh crap, they are all turning my way..."




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Going Stealth ay. Go Courters! I go stealth around the office at about 5pm or earlier. I love this new gig :o) Simone