Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools! (Marcus)

Well who'd a thunk it, but the Chinese students knew it was April Fool's Day today. They didn't know about Easter last week, but they know about April fool's, go figure!

One of my three classes, the morning class at 11:50am tried to get me. I think they partially understand the concept of it. While getting me to try and look out the window to see a UFO, they also planted some paper thing above the door, trying to have it fall on me, I had something squirted at me, and the most elaborate...


Yep, on every teacher's desk is a box of chalk. My dear students had taken the chalk from the box, on the desk and along the blackboard and hidden it. In the chalkbox they then put 1. A turtle, and 2. Tadpoles (?!?) They covered this up, HOPING I would reach in there to pick it up - sorry kids, I'm way too seasoned from 33 years of April Fool's to fall for that shit! I had to give it to them though, the fact it was a turtle and tadpoles cracked me up.

The offending class!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

on a side note ... do they have enough friggin paper and books on their desks?? geeez poor buggers!

Trent