Tuesday, April 29, 2008

And in other news...(Marcus)

We find out today that we don't have to teach again as the students have exams. Of course we are not notified - Courtney who starts first up at 10:20am, heads to class, notices they're all heads down and working with another teacher in the room - goes and asks in the teachers office and sure enough, "Oh no you're not teaching today." I still have my gifted class, but jesus, it'd be nice one day to be actually told.

All in all I like it - it's like a little unexpected surprise, but some notice would be nice so we can like, um go do other stuff.

So today I have only my gifted class at 2:15, and tomorrow, pretty much the same deal, then it's on to four days of rancho relaxo.

It's actually very hot outside. According to my little desktop weatherman it's 26 degrees, but it actually feels hotter. It's also very smoggy. I think the combination of heat + smog = humidity. I get the feeling it's going to be fairly disgusting here over summer - thankfully we can always go and take a dip in the lake of death, or even better yet, the black canal next door.

So while I have to teach one class today and one class tomorrow, I actually don't mind, as the gifted kids are an absolute delight and pleasure, all rolled into one.

No comments: