Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Lastest Kid Pressie (Courtney)

I have some really sweet kids at the Junior school, who I really love teaching. Some of the kids look so little, it's hard to believe they 12, 13 or 14. And a handful of these kids like to give you funny little things. Well, they like to give me things! I've got a growing collection of anime drawings and angel drawings, I've been given some lollies and a biscuit, and just yesterday one of my tiny little boys walks up to me after class and unceremoniously hands me...




An insect made out of a straw! And then just wanders away. I call him back to thank him and say we should give it a name. This however just confused him, so I said it was great and he was very clever. I love these funny little interactions you have with some of the students. I could see him playing with this all class, I'm not sure when the decision was made to give it to me! These kids have "making" class (not art class, making class) before my oral english class and they make some great stuff. A couple of weeks ago they had all made pencil cup holders for their desks, and a few weeks before that they were working on some paper cuttings. Some of them were very impressive. So, look what you can do with a straw and a bit of imagination!

No comments: