Sunday, March 2, 2008

We're famous! Well, not really (Marcus)

http://www.tyzx.com.cn/teacher/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=1254

Well not really! Check it out anyway, this is what's showing on the school's website now. The website itself is http://www.tyzx.com.cn/ If you look really closely, you can see the little photo of me standing in front of the classroom. Those with technical nonce will quickly head over to http://babelfish.altavista.com/ which has a translator function to put in a web site address and translation the entire page - however, if you do that, you will be rewarded with this super crap translation attempt!

Melts time the snow and ice, my school 喜迎2Australian Ji Waijiao.

Female teacher'sCourtney (storehouse especially 妮)only hasover 20years old, male teacherMarcus (Ma Kasi), this year30just raised one's head. After slightly does calmly, this enters to young husbands and wives our classroom, because they carefully prepare a lesson, when teaching voice pure, the facial expression, the body language are rich, attends class receives the student to welcome very much.

At present, they already and my school official signing a treaty, teach for a year. Primary cognizance teaches high one, few one, the day as soon as tests the school first day the grade spoken language class, is gradually thorough along with the education internationalization, my school will be able to invite more foreign teachers, will let us the student in the class, 外感 the pure English.



One thing I can say I got from that, is I now know what everyone around here calls me what sounds like Marcus-su - it's from the way or rather chinese word/sound that makes up my name- which is obviously Ma-Kasi - si being pronounced su (like sue, but not the ew part, just heavy emphasis on the S sound).

Though that being said, I haven't heard anyone call Courtney a storehouse yet...or wait..did I...

Anyway our spirits are somewhat higher. We went to Metro today and bought a printer. With it we can now print out our created lesson plans. It's also colour, so we printed out some photos and put them on the walls in the apartment - much better! We also now have some candles and two pot plants minus the pots from the Temple Market in Wuxi.

Last but not least, we found a great website which we paid for a 6 month membership that has a huge archive of pre-written lesson plans. This alone has made us much happier. The only thing getting me down is this churny feeling in my stomach that I think was dinner and um yeah, I think me and the toilet will be getting much better acquainted over the next few hours.

Hoping everyone back home is well - we miss you lots and lots.

And Sarah... :( :( :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that was just too funny. I almost fell off my chair laughing. On that note, l don't think it will really matter what you teach these dudes, as going by the newsletter, English is really irrelevant. Just stick in random English words and hope for the best. Can't stop laughing.....sides possibly splitting!!!

Take care guys and keep up the good work on the blog.

Simone