Saturday, March 22, 2008

Rain rain and more rain :( (Marcus)

Blah it's a terrible day outside. When it rains here - which hasn't been much really - it really rains. Unlike back home where it comes in fits and starts, here it just rains and rains and rains.

Courtney is still feeling really sick today - nothing bad don't worry - I mean, nothing dodgy - which is a good thing, regular cold symptoms, and yes I keep checking! I made the trek over to town to buy some food supplies for dinner, and some additional snacks - like the milk tea drink things I am addicted to. Because it didn't stop raining, by the time I got back home I was buggered and wet and sweaty and basically everything but cool.

I have noticed that when it's cloudy here, or rainy, there's a light smell of smoke in the air. It's like the thick cloud cover is trapping all of the pollution smoke in. Saturday is just like any other day here. If it's rainy, out come the ponchos. I watched the gardeners working outside in the rain, doing their best to make sure it looks like Spring has truly sprung around the school grounds. They're either very dedicated or more accurately, have no choice but to work - rain hail sun or snow.

We've spent the day inside today as it's so miserable out, and I have banned Courtney from going into the cold. Tomorrow the students do their walk I am told - I called Mr Pan last night to ask him and he was totally tanked. It was a classic, his normal goofy voice but tankafied. I doubt now I will go on this walk as I wanted to go into the city to get some shoes and another long sleeve top - and so does Courtney. If she is well enough, we will go. If she isn't, she's once more banned from going outside as she will have to spend the whole week miserable, teaching when sick.

They don't really understand sickness around here i think. If one of us is sick, I think it's off to the hospital we go to see a doctor - which for a cold/flu, really isn't neccessary. If it comes to that though, we will INSIST this time we're taken to the best one, even if it's in goddamned Hong Kong. I refuse to let myself or Courtney go back to that SHITHOLE place I enjoyed 4 hours of IV fun in. Absolutely refuse. Afterall, we didn't pay big money on travel insurance to be given a freezing pig sty of a room to wallow in.

No comments: