Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Well, so far so good. (Marcus)

Midway through the first week of our return to teaching and overall - so far so good.

I think we both forgot just how deceptively tiring teaching can be as we're both absolutely exhausted. Courtney's getting better - almost over her flu type virus and we're both in quite good moods. The anticipation of returning to Australia is slowly building in our minds and the students so far have turned out to be really quite pleasant.

Today I had my first class of the new 'gifted' kids and as usual they were adorable. The gifted kids if you cannot remember are the younger students - around 11-12 years old and they're smart(not simple!) As soon as I entered the classroom I was mobbed by them,

"Who are you?"
"What's your name?"
"Where are you from?"

Then at the end of class the usual...

"What's your telephone number?"
"Do you use a cellphone?"
"When will we see you again?"

They're just so damned cute! Cute and innocent and like kids before they descend into puberty, absolutely brimming with confidence.

I have three more classes for the week and then I think we'll hit TGI's for a western meal and some alcohol because you know, we still haven't celebrated coming home yet!

No comments: