Saturday, February 16, 2008

China here we come, Aiyeeeeeeeee!

Four more sleeps and we're away...we can't believe it. We have been anticipating this trip for so long now that it has seemed like it would never actually occur, and now we're just about gone.


We can't even remember how we came to decide to do it. I think it was in the pool at Port Douglas where Courtney first came up with the idea and we both just clicked and went, Yup! Amazingly we stuck to the plan and followed through and well, here we are.

When we dropped $1700.00 or whatever it was on getting our TESOL course to do this, that was the real commitment. It was there that fantasy became reality for us. We set a date of around 'early 2008' and stuck to it. The problem with this though was that it meant anticipating the trip for what must have been over 6 months! It's like perpetually working knowing you're going to quit in a few months time. You know those last few days at work before a few weeks leave how you really dont give a crap about what you're doing and just want the days to end to get away on leave? Well we've had that for MONTHS! Even worse when we finally did resign!

So actually getting free of work and into the 'organization' period was great, but it's had it's own stresses. Now we're just chilling out here at Mum's, at Woodend. We've moved, we've packed our cases, our belongings are in storage and about the only thing left is getting on the plane really...oh and a few sad goodbyes.

But that's it, we're going! I myself havent really thought much about it. I prefer to just wait and see, or i'll be spending the majority of my days on the toilet. Courtney has been feeling up and down in the wellness department. Every morning she thinks about teaching 45 chinese teens, and every morning she feels sick, and NO, it's not morning sickness! (Well I hope not, the timing would kinda suck about now :)

This is all I'll say until China as I really want to push it out of my mind again. It's going to be such a massive change for us, and well, let's just see what happens!

Thanks to all of you who came to our farewell dinner, we had a great night and loved seeing you. It's sad to think we wont see some of you again for a while, but yay to those who are coming over to visit us!

See you all soon!



Last but not least...who could forget these two gimps..


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

DId you just call your father in law and father gimps ??

Marcus and Courtney said...

Well seeing I'm not married, and Adrian is not my dad, why yes, yes i did :)

-Marcus

Anonymous said...

再见好运和阿门

The old boss from C/well

Anonymous said...

Um sorry about that confusion .... Twas all a bit early!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the anonymous blogger has struck again!!!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what I am doing but I am sure I will eventually ...!!!!
Great website Kids.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Helen I dont know what I am doing either but agree its a great website giving me lots of laughs but am that sort of sicko sense of humour type person and great to see you both way out of comfort zone kezza