Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lijiang (Courtney)

Some pics of Lijiang...
The view from our hotel room (above and below).




Trying to take a nice shot of Marcus and this scallywag in the backgroup kept jumping around and dancing.




Traditiona Naxi women dancing in the town square. The white of their clothing represents heaven, the black represents earth.



I ended up buying one of these bells in Shangri-La. Still not sure how I'm going to get it through customs...considering the donger part is supposedly made of yak bone.


In the town square there was a large walkway full of hanging wishes. You walked underneath and ran your hands through them, jangling all the bells. It sounded great and I am sure either brought you luck or activiated the wishes.

Oh look! We found some kitties in our travels too. Sadly they were both tied up.






The streets of Lijiang are very difficult to capture at night. They are beautifully lit, giving the whole place a peaceful, warm glow.

And just for laughs. I was waiting for Marcus and this guy was doing everything to take a sneaky photo of me. Well well, you snooze you lose, as I whipped out the camera and captured him first!!

No comments: