Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lovely times! (Marcus)

Well night number one in the bed a la mosquito net was a complete success! Not. It's quite cool in there actually, like a 'room within a room' as Courtney says, but Jesus Christ almighty, I was bitten all over first my left hand, and then my right. The net must have worked so well that it trapped a %(UW() mosquito IN with us somehow. I had to get up and wash my hands in cold water then spray myself with this herbal repellant stuff(anti-mozzie product no. 298), and despite a nicely swollen little finger, the rest of the night was...still crap.

Crap because it was hot as hell in the room last night - leading into the most feral day we have had in China yet. It really makes us look forward to the rapidly oncoming Summer!

It was mostly cloudy - well as far as we could tell, but the Sun was penetrating the smog. The weather website said it was low to mid-30's, but felt like 42 with the sun/humidity. And yeah, it did. It was absolutely disgusting outside. Between classes it started pissing down raining so of course I had no umbrella and had to run a distance between buildings to my next class. By the time I got there I was dripping with a combination of sweat and acid rain. It was heavy rain too - the kind that almost instantly soaks you.

So yeah, we just can't wait for Summer proper, which is supposedly hot, humid and very wet with thunderstorms. It has been raining all afternoon and continues outside. I HOPE it will be a little cooler tomorrow. It's going to be so much fun travelling in this kind of weather, woot!

No comments: